Stony Cross, on the eastern shore of the continent of Abyssinia, is an old stronghold from the last great war
Stony Cross was once simply a castle with a strategic ocean view, a strong defensive position, and a small community to support the soldiers living there. The past 100 years has been a time of prosperity and fast-paced growth, pushing what was once a small town past its boundaries to become a burgeoning city, a seaport of great renown and diversity. The streets hold markets, shops of all types bringing goods from all corners of the world. The shops along every street tempt the traveler, offering an array from baked goods and blacksmiths to jewelers and fabric merchants. Temples to various gods can easily be found, some with the help of a local and a few coins. If you can’t find what you are looking for in this town, you aren’t looking hard enough. Shops open for business in Stony Cross:
- SKEETka taVAAR
- Proprietor: Yuri
- Selling and Buying: “discount goods” such as used equipment and items of indeterminate nature.
- Magical Emporium
- Proprietor: Hazeem
- Selling: Spell components, spellbooks, rituals, and some rare magical items.
- Hot Buns
- Sells: Baked goods, travel food supplies made for the road.
- Cavern Star Finery
- Proprietor: Rilonock Stonecutter
- Selling jewlery and special commission items, crafted by the owner and Illyana Zo’Arden.
- Bratherford Crystalware
- Proprietor: Herman Bratherford
- Sells: Glass objects, orbs, chalices, bowls, blown glass, and commissions.
- Rosehaven Stables
- Proprietor: Stephanie Rose
- Sells: Horses, breeding, horse tack, feed, and stabling of horses.
- Fine Clothing
- Proprietor: Seamstress Morray
- Sells: Masquerade ball costumes, cfine clothing, commissioned clothing.
- Proprietor: John the Hammer
- Sells: Blacksmith goods, forges aprticular items by commission.
- Duncans Goods
- Proprietor: Ilsadore Duncan
- Sells: reputable store selling traveling supplies for traders and seaport merchants.
The Drake is the most congenial tavern in the town, hospitable to travelers and regulars alike.
Stony Cross is the epitome of an inclusive community. Some older families hold their distance a little, but believe fully in the maxim “Better the monster you know than the one you don’t.”
The citizens swear fealty to the Lord Blackbourne and Lady Blackbourne who reside in Blackbourne Castle on the hill.